Thermor has over 80 years of excellence in manufacturing all kinds of heating solutions. We are a French brand with a world renowned know-how in thermal comfort.
In order to help you make the best choice of room heaters for your needs, we have designed this comparative guide.
Before choosing between different types of heaters, you have first to understand the different levels of comfort provided by each technology. That is how you can find your personally tailored and optimised comfort/price room heating solution.
The important factors to consider before choosing a particular type of room heater are
- Insulation: only a well insulated home can be heated comfortably.
- Air quality: heating can reduce the air humidity and generate discomfort.
- Temperature control: stable and homogeneous temperature is the most comfortable.
- Heat comfort: an equal comfort sensation over the whole room when standing or sitting is the optimum solution.
Once you know what type of comfort you are looking for, you can learn more about the different types of heaters Thermor has to offer:
The best-known electric heating appliance is the convector. A last generation convector is:
- Quickly installed.
- Easy to use.
- Fitted with several types of temperature regulation (electronic or mechanical).
- Offering fast heating time.
- Adapted to all types of rooms.
- Very practical and can be installed with a standing kit as well.
As its name suggests, a convector system is based on the heating principle of convection. See here how it works:
- The ambient air enters through the bottom of the device.
- The heat builds up because the air runs up against the electric heating element.
- The air then rises inside the unit.
- Ultimately, it exits through openings on the top of the unit.
- Since hot air is lighter than cold air, it constantly circulates into the unit, from bottom to top.
Benefits of using an active heat convector:
- Fast heat production.
- Easy to install and use.
- Limited wall space needed.
- Possible mobile installation with a standing kit.
You will find in the following lines what gentle heat radiators are all about:
- They provide you with a gentle and long-lasting warmth.
- They are fitted with smart functions, such as a smart pilot with presence/absence, open/closed windows detection sensors, etc.
- They offer a continuous and homogeneous heat distribution.
- Their working principle is based on thermal inertia. A physical principle that allows to store a large amount of heat and then gently distribute it evenly throughout the room.
- Inertia electric radiators even continue to heat after they are switched off, releasing heat for a certain period of time.
There are several types of inertia radiators:
- Radiators with a heating element based on a heat transmitting fluid (water or oil).
- Radiators with a cast iron or aluminium heating element.
In addition, a gentle heat radiator has:
- A bigger heating surface than an active heat convector.
- A more important heat diffusion at a lower surface temperature.
Benefits of using a gentle heat radiator:
- Accurate temperature control with 0.1°C accuracy.
- A feeling of well-being due to soft heat distribution.
- Energy savings thanks to continuous heating. There is heat diffusion even when the appliance is switched off.
- No dry air.
- Increased heat distribution due to bigger heating surface.
- Premium design to meet even the most demanding requirements.
- Smart control functions:
- Energy consumption indicator.
- Remote piloting, etc.
With this complete overview, you have now all the information needed to decide which Thermor appliance best fits all your requirements.